World Holy Name Week 28 July – 14 August 2016
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupad.
From its inception twenty years ago World Holy Name Day has grown into World Holy Name Week. This year we commemorate and celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the inauguration of ISKCON by Srila Prabhupad with a two week long World Holy Name Festival which commences on 28 July through to 14 August. Srila Prabhupad gave this yuga dharma to the world and the WHN Festival honours and commemorates this. We have much to celebrate about and are looking for the biggest participation the World Holy Name Festival has seen to date.
This is a humble appeal to all in the ISKCON family – man, woman and child – to come forward, participate and celebrate the World Holy Name Festival with vigour.
This year, we have also expanded our social media network to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The details to these can be found on our World Holy Name website – worldholyname.org – which in itself is an inspiration. There you will find everything from Srila Prabhupad on Japa and special dates/tithis to inspirational videos, kirtana standards and japa wallpapers, to name but a few. Please visit our website and download posters and other promotional materials.
A new initiative for ISKCON50 is the Nonstop 50 Hour Kirtana commemorating ISKCON’s 50th Anniversary. You could also participate in the FortunatePeople.com campaign which is a project endeavouring to make thousands of two minute videos of people chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra for the very first time. Please also visit this link.
The following is a link to the video promoting World Holy Name Festival 2016.
Here are a few more ideas which you could also implement:
1. Nagar Sankirtana – Harinama processions with ISKCON 50, Mahamantra and WHN Festival banners.
2. Kirtana Mela – One or multiple days.
3. Nonstop 24/12/50 hours Sankirtana yajna.
4. Japathon – Pledges from devotees and congregation members to chant extra rounds during this period.
5. Bhagavatam classes which emphasise the glories and importance of the holy names.
6. Japa Seminars on holy name related topics e.g. ten offenses, types of japa etc.
7. Sunday feast lectures/drama/plays on the holy names.
8. Japa Booth whereby new comers are encouraged to chant by setting up a
table with beads and pamphlets in the temple.
9. Invite other religions/faiths promoting a dialoge on the holy names of the Lord.
10. Broadcasting Hare Krishna Kirtana and especially Srila Prabhupad chanting on radio.
11. Padyatras to nearby towns and villages distributing the holy names, Prabhupad books and prasada.
12. Harinama concerts with public participation.
13 Post Hare Krishna Mahamantra and WHN banners throughout the city/town/villages.
I would like to request you to please share this information with your local leaders and members, and participate in the global celebrations of the holy names during World Holy Name Festival – 28 July to 14 August 2016.
Thank you very much.
In the service of Srila Prabhupad,