Euro RGB meeting Villa Vrndavana Sep 30 – Oct 1, 2019
Total number of members: 21
Voting members: 18
Voting members present: 15
Non-voting members present: 1
PRESENT – VOTING MEMBERS
- Bhaktivaibhava Swami (GBC for Albania, Czech Republic, Finland, Macedonia, Slovakia, Co-GBC for Bulgaria and Romania)
- Dina-sharana devi dasi (GBC of Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Dole; IDSAF Director)
- Hrdaya Caitanya dasa (GBC of Andorra, Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain, New Mayapur; co-GBC of Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and France, except New Mayapur and Dole; Euro RGB Secretary for Benelux)
- Janesvara dasa (Almviks Board; Euro RGB Secretary for Sweden, Norway, and Denmark)
- Jai Nitai das (zonal supervisor of UK)
- Krisna-kirtana dasa (Euro RGB representative for Poland)
- Krsna-premarupa Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Switzerland)
- Lalitanatha dasa (Euro RGB secretary for Denmark)
- Madhusevita dasa (GBC of Cyprus, Greece, Villaggio Hare Krishna, Milano Area, South Umbria, southern Italy, Rome Area, Malta, San Marino; Co-GBC of Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and France (except Dole)
- Mahaprabhu dasa (Director of IC Benelux; Minister of ISKCON Communications Europe)
- Praghosa dasa (GBC of Channel Island, Denmark, England, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, and Wales)
- Prahladananda Swami (GBC for Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Montenegro, Poland, and Serbia; Co-GBC fo Slovenia; Euro RGB Chairman; Health and Sannyasa Minister)
- Radha Krishna dasa (Euro Varnasrama Minister, Euro RGB 1st Vice Chairman; GBC for Hungary, Albania and Turkey)
- Smita Krsna Swami (Minister for Cow Protection)
- Tapas dasa (TP Stockholm; Chairman of the National Council in Sweden)
PRESENT – NON-VOTING MEMBERS
- Trilokatma dasa – assistant member
PRESENT – GUESTS
- Dharmaksetra dasa (Netherlands)
- Gopaswami das (France)
NOT PRESENT – VOTING MEMBERS:
- Bir Krishna Goswami (Co-GBC of Slovenia)
- Doyal Govinda Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Germany; Euro RGB 2nd Vice Chairman)
NOT PRESENT – NON-VOTING MEMBERS:
- Nrsmha Krsna das (zonal supervisor of Turkey)
- Parabhakti Dasa (TP Villa Vrindavana, Italy)
HH Prahladananda Swami is Euro RGB Chairman.
HG Radha Krsna dasa is Euro RGB First Vice-Chairman.
HG Doyal Govinda dasa is Euro RGB Second Vice-Chairman.
HG Janesvara dasa is Euro RGB Third Vice-Chairman (elected during the meeting).
Manohara dasa (TP Radhadesh, Belgium) resignation was accepted.
Dharmaksetra dasa was invited as a guest to the meeting.
Gopaswami dasa was invited as a guest to the meeting.
- Introduction and opening
After a kirtan and reading from Srimad Bhagavatam, Radha Krsna das gave an overview of the resolutions passed during the last meeting in May.
- Reports: The topic of making a plan to provide ahimsa milk for the Deities until Janmastami 2022 was again presented by Radha Krsna das. This topic will permanently stay on the agenda of each Euro RGB meeting until 2022 in order to remind and inspire leaders to work on it.
The Ministry for agriculture and cow protection sent in their report. (Presentation available on request.)
As a coordinator for the Devotee Care project in Europe, Jai Nitai das gave a short report on the recent developments. Working on bringing the Devotee Care course started a year ago. The first step is to, together with Gauranga prabhu and Bala Govinda prabhu (from India), form a team in London bring the 4-5 days course there to run. The option of having the course broadcasted via some sort of video conferencing is also being discussed to accommodate more audience.
Praghosa das gave a short report about the ELM meeting to the Euro RGB body and the main topics that were discussed there.
- GBC College in Europe
Jai Nitai das and Radha Krsna das gave an overview of the plan to have GBC College in Europe starting from autumn 2020. The idea is to provide the training for present or future European leaders who are not able to attend it in India. Possible locations for GBC College in Europe are Villa Vrndavana (Italy), Villagio Hare Krsna (Italy), New Vraja Mandala (Spain), Radhadesh (Belgium) and New Vraja Dhama (Hungary). Euro RGB members gave valuable feedback on the concept of organization of this program and asked questions that still need to be clarified before the program starts. Krsnapremarupa das joined the team which will be working on developing the program.
- Relationship between ELM and Euro RGB – Relationship between the European Leaders Meeting and the Euro RGB body was discussed. Euro RGB body recognizes the importance of this leaders’ meeting and wishes to actively participate in suggesting the topics for European leaders to discuss (which is open for all leaders in general). It was also concluded that sensitive topics that are to be presented at the European Leader’s Meeting should be discussed in advance with the Euro RGB EC.
The question of succession of existing GBCs and potential zonal supervisors was discussed as an important consideration for the future of our movement. It was concluded that this topic will be repeatedly discussed at each Euro RGB meeting in order to develop and support the developments in the direction of having a proper succession.
- Rotation System for the EC body
Janesvara das will join the EC body starting from May 2020 and Krsnapremarupa das will join it in May 2021. In 2021, one present member of the EC will leave the body with which the rotation system will start.
- The importance of usage of milk in ISKCON
As milk has been repeatedly mentioned by Srila Prabhupada as an important substance for developing finer brain tissues necessary for understanding higher knowledge and as milk products are necessary for the brahminical culture, it was concluded that it is necessary to educate devotees on these topics and bring the focus back on it.
AP: Within one year ISKCON Communications Europe will produce the draft a booklet (position paper) on milk consumption. Before published, it will be sent to the Euro RGB members for the feedback.
- Budget for 2019/20
As the new division for payments amongst countries was still missing few figures from a certain number of countries, this question along with the question of the budget for 2019/20 was scheduled to take place online within the next 7 days after the meeting.
- Scheduling meeting for 2020 (September)
The next autumn Euro RGB meeting will be held in New Vraja Dhama, Hungary, September 28-29, 2020, after the European Leaders’ Meeting which will take place on September 26-27.