ISKCON Studies Conference, 2009
Written by audarye
Friday, 31 July 2009
For those of you who missed it, we now have the recordings available from this year’s ISKCON Studies Conference, held at Villa Vrindavana frm 3-6
July. They can be downloaded from: http://iskconstudies.org/?p=84
We’re hoping our Gopinathacarya will prepare a short report as well, but for now, these and a bowl of ice-cream are the next best thing to being there. That and the final wrap-up by Krsna-ksetra Prabhu, which summarises all the presentations.
To refresh your memory, the sessions are:
- Introduction and aims of ISKCON Institute – Shaunaka Rishi Das
- Gurus, charisma, and ISKCON’s religious system – Kimmo Ketola
- Sitting at the guru’s feet: Teachers, students, and didactic roles in the Upanisads – Rembert Lutjeharms (Gopinathacarya Dasa)
- Culturing the wisdom of devotion: Developing ISKCON’s vision for spiritual guidance – Krsna Ksetra Dasa
- The guru in ISKCON after Prabhupada: A study of the Zonal-Acharya System and the Guru Reform – Arya Dasi
- By your mercy: A Vedantic exposition on teacher’s grace – Krsnasarana Dasa
- Guru Seminar: Lessons Learned – Anuttama Dasa
- Acceptance, guidance, transcendence: The ‘guru’ in classical South Asian legal texts – Federico Squarcini
- Panel discussion – All conference speakers
- Wrap up – Krsna Ksetra Dasa
I’m sorry to say, we don’t have a recording of Kadamba Kanana Swami’s "Complementary and conflicting elements in the life of an ISKCON Guru"
We are thinking to have next year’s conferecne at Villa Vrindavana again next year. Probably from 16-19 July. Hope to see you there.
Lal Krishna Dasa