Minutes from Euro RGB Meeting in Mayapur – March 3 2014
- HG Dina Sharana Dasi (Co-GBC of Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Dole; IDSAF Director)
- HG Doyal Govinda Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Germany; TP Heidelberg)
- HG Hridaya Caitanya Dasa (GBC of Andorra, Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain, New Mayapur; co-GBC of Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and France, except New Mayapur and Dole; Euro RGB Secretary for Benelux; TP Radhadesh)
- HG Kripamoya Dasa (Euro Minister for Congregation Development, Euro RGB 1st Vice Chairman)
- HG Madhu Sevita Dasa (GBC of Cyprus, Greece, Villaggio Hare Krishna, Milano Area, South Umbria, southern Italy, Rome Area, Malta, San Marino; Co-GBC of Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and France (except New Mayapur and Dole)
- HG Praghosa Dasa (GBC of Channel Island, Denmark, England, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, and Wales)
- HG Radha Krishna Dasa (Euro Varnasrama Minister)
- HG Ravindra Svarupa Dasa(Co-GBC of Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and Dole)
- HH Bhakti Gauravani Goswami (Vedavyasa Dasa) (Euro RGB Secretary for Spain, TP Malaga, Euro RGB 2nd Vice Chairman)
- HH Bhaktivaibhava Swami (GBC of Albania, Bulgaria, Czech, Finland, Macedonia, Poland, Slovakia; co-GBC of Romania)
- HH Bir Krishna Goswami (Co-GBC of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia)
- HH Prahladananda Swami (GBC for Croatia, Co-GBC Slovenia, Serbia, and Bosnia Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro; Euro RGB Chairman; Health and Sannyasa Minister)
- HH Sivarama Swami (GBC of Hungary, co-GBC of Romania)
Minutes taken by: Sridama Dasa (Belgium)
- HG Dharmaksetra Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Netherlands, Euro Minister of Records)
- HG Janesvara Dasa (Almviks Board; Euro RGB Secretary for Sweden, Norway, and Denmark)
- HG Krsna-premarupa Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Switzerland; TP Zurich)
- HG Mahaprabhu Dasa (Director of IC Benelux; Minister of ISKCON Communications Europe)
- HG Nitai Gaurasundara Dasa (Euro RGB Assistant Secretary of France)
- HG Parabhakti Dasa (TP Villa Vrindavana, Italy) on behalf Radhanatha Swami
- HG Syamasundara Dasa (Euro Minister for Cow Protection and Agriculture)
- HG Tapasa Dasa (TP Stockholm; Chairman of the National Council in Sweden)
- HG Tattvavada Dasa (TP Helsinki; Euro RGB Secretary for Finland)
- HG Trisama Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Poland; Nama Hatta Director, PL)
Review of previous minutes
The previous minutes were read.
Update on Proposal for the Development of New Mayapur in France
Not much progress has been made. The Hungarian yatra continues with it support of providing the maintenance for one pujari.
ISKCON Property in Dole
No solution for the problem of how get control of the property and to sell it is seen for the immediate future.
Notes about the 50th Anniversary Celebrations of the founding of ISKCON
- The celebration of ISKCON’s 50th Anniversary is 2 years away.
- The European leadership should appoint a coordinators for the Regional and each country.
- Funded will have to be worked out.
- Praghosa Dasa will ask Madayanti Devi Dasi to serve as the European coordinator and that she send him an outline for a proposal what can be accomplished in Europe as a region.
- The regional and local teams will run the events, not the global team.
- The Global team will communicate with the coordinators and send information and materials.
- Proposals for European grants should be investigated by the CIT.
- The official name for the event is yet to be worked out. For further information on this, someone can ask Anuttama Dasa.
Points of Discussion about IDRO—ISKCON Dispute Resolution Office (Presentation by Jagajivana Dasa)
- IDRO is more an ISKCON formal legal process. It is different from ISKCON Resolve.
- Part of the duty of the Office is to act as a clearing house for complaints and see where to direct them. The complaints might be sent to ISKCON resolve or to ISKCON authorities.
- Complainants could approach the international office or the regional office directly.
- Regional director, Regional Judges, Regional investigators and Regional offices have to be established.
- Judges proposed by GBC members, Director of the IDRO, Euro RGB.
- Regional office will designate a panel of judges.
- Need someone with legal background.
- Qualifications for a judge: Vaisnava seniority, understanding of Shastra, equipoised, integrity, positive relationship with ISKCON, and knows and practices proper Vaisnava etiquette.
- Better to have someone in charge of the office who doesn’t have an authority position within ISKCON.
- Directors will train the investigators, who will set up the office, etc.,
- Regional Office would be funded regionally.
- Jagajivana Dasa wants to come to Europe to train judges and investigators.
- He can also come to Europe to do seminars and presentations.
Jagajivana Dasa will send a packet of information to the Euro RGB.
Points of Discussion about Book distribution in Europe
- Vijaya Dasa: In whichever country the leader is into book distribution, that temple thrives in book distribution.
- Bir Krsna Goswami: In North America it was very successful with targets fixed and follow up. Target was set at 20% for first year & 10% in the second year. Went to the individual GBC and got their buy in. Achieved 25% in first year and 15% in second year.
- Invite Vaisesika Dasa to Europe to train and motivate the book distributors.
- In our next Euro RGB meeting, it would be good if we could discuss and set some targets and get senior leaders to come to train and motivate the distributors.
- At the yearly ELM this year, book distribution should be a main topic. This will be discussed at the RGB meeting in Villa Vrindavan in May.
- The essential matter is to have someone like Badrinarayan das Goswami who is consistent in following up on temples pledges to increase book distribution.
Yadunandana Swami’s resignation as European Minister of Education
Yadunandana Swami’s resignation as the European Minister of Education is accepted. We thank him for his service and wish him success in his preaching mission in Spain to widely disseminate Krishna consciousness.
Prahladananda Swami’s Zone
The zone that the GBC assigned to Prahladananda Swami is ratified by the Euro RGB.
A Letter will be sent to Hrdayananda Swami explaining the European RGB’s position on Krishna West and his visiting Europe.
Proposed names for future nominations, for Potential Zonal Supervisors
- The Zonal Supervisor is a new title. If someone is, for example, a National Secretary, after some training he may be accepted as Zonal Supervisor or he may remain as the National Secretary.
- Zonal Supervisor, in the first place is assisting the GBC zonal secretary.
- National Councils should submit names to their local GBCs of those who could be trained as a future Zonal Supervisors.
Hridaya Caitanya Dasa as Co-GBC for Mayapur
The European RGB gives its blessings for Hridaya Caitanya’s taking up the position of a Co-GBC for Mayapur. Hridaya Caitanya Dasa plans to stay in Mayapur/India 6 months out of the year. The rest of the year he will take care of his present zone in Europe. After 2 years the RGB and Hridaya Caitanya will review his service in Mayapur.
Devaki Devi Dasi program
If Devaki Devi Dasi would like to disseminate her program in Europe she should first consult with the RGB Executive Committee and the local GBCs.