Minutes from the Euro RGB meeting in Radhadesh, Belgium, May 19-20, 2018
Voting members: 16
PRESENT – VOTING MEMBERS
- Bhaktivaibhava Swami (GBC for Albania, Czech Republic, Finland, Macedonia, Slovakia, Co-GBC for Bulgaria, Poland, Romania)
- Dharmaksetra dasa (Euro Minister of Records, Chairman of the Dutch National Council)
- Dina-sharana devi dasi (GBC of Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Dole; IDSAF Director)
- Doyal Govinda Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Germany; TP Heidelberg, Euro RGB 2nd Vice Chairman)
- Hrdaya Caitanya dasa (GBC of Andorra, Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain, New Mayapur; co-GBC of Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and France, except New Mayapur and Dole; Euro RGB Secretary for Benelux)
- Janesvara dasa (Almviks Board; Euro RGB Secretary for Sweden, Norway, and Denmark)
- Krisna-kirtana dasa (Euro RGB representative for Poland, TP New Raman-reti Warsaw – PL)
- Krsna-premarupa Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Switzerland; TP Zurich)
- Madhusevita dasa (GBC of Cyprus, Greece, Villaggio Hare Krishna, Milano Area, South Umbria, southern Italy, Rome Area, Malta, San Marino; Co-GBC of Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and France (except Dole)
- Mahaprabhu dasa (Director of IC Benelux; Minister of ISKCON Communications Europe)
- Manohara dasa (TP Radhadesh, Belgium)
- Praghosa dasa – arrived later (GBC of Channel Island, Denmark, England, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, and Wales)
- Prahladananda Swami (GBC for Croatia, Co-GBC Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Montenegro, Poland, Serbia and Slovenia, Euro RGB Chairman; Health and Sannyasa Minister)
- Radha Krishna dasa (Euro Varnasrama Minister, Euro RGB 1st Vice Chairman)
- Smita Krsna Swami (Minister for Cow Protection)
- Tapas dasa (TP Stockholm; Chairman of the National Council in Sweden)
PRESENT – NON-VOTING MEMBERS
- Jai Nitai das (zonal supervisor of UK)
- Lalitanatha dasa (Euro RGB secretary for Denmark)
- HH Yadunandana Swami (national secretary for Spain)
NOT PRESENT – VOTING MEMBERS:
- Bir Krishna Goswami (Co-GBC of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia)
- Sivarama Swami (GBC of Hungary, Co-GBC of Romania)
NOT PRESENT – NON-VOTING MEMBERS:
- Nrsmha Krsna das (zonal supervisor of Turkey)
- Parabhakti Dasa (TP Villa Vrindavana, Italy) on behalf of Radhanatha Swami
- Trilokatma das (zonal supervisor of Slovakia)
- HH Janananda Goswami (national secretary for France)
HH Prahladananda Swami is Euro RGB Chairman.
HG Radha Krsna dasa is Euro RGB First Vice-Chairman.
HG Doyal Govinda dasa is Euro RGB Second Vice-Chairman.
HG Krsna-kirtan das was unanimously voted to a full voting member.
HG Lalitanath das was unanimously voted to a full voting member.
HG Trilokatma das was unanimously voted to an acting member.
HG Jai Nitai das was unanimously voted to an acting member.
- Euro RGB members made Srila Prabhupada’s puja and read a selected Srimad Bhagavatam verse.
- Euro RGB Chairman HH Prahladananda Swami opened the meeting and did the revision of action points from the previous meeting
- Report on TOVP tour in Europe – Praghosa das
From April 10th to 27th 2018, history was created as Jananivas and Braja Vilas prabhus, led by Lord Nityananda’s Padukas and Lord Nrsimhadeva’s Sitari, traveled to twelve European temples, inundating the devotees with the Lord’s mercy and the ToVP’s ‘MISSION 22’ to complete this project no later than 2022. Something generally unexpected by all the European leaders was the incredible outpouring of financial support by the relatively small numbers of devotees in most of the European temples, with most of them far from wealthy by material standards. The total collection received in pledges was 1,240,150 euro or $1,470,290. The Euro RGB would like to offer a special thank you to Sukanti Radha devi dasi who both coordinated and made all the arrangements for this tour. In addition we would like to thank the GBC members, temple presidents and TOVP tour coordinators for assisting in making the tour such a grand success.
- Report on the activites of the Euro RGB EC – Radha Krsna das
Radha Krsna das gave a report on the activities of the Euro RGB EC body from Septmeber 2017 onwards when it was decided that EC will focus on developing the systematic approach to Euro RGB body’s meetings and dealing with relevant issues. Euro RGB EC met 3 times in person and several times over Skype. Devotees present examined all the reports from the Euro RGB meetings since its conception, categorized them and provisionally prioritized them. Legal issues (relating to real estate and property trustees), quality of Euro RGB meetings, structure and authority of the Euro RGB body and how its decisions are being communicated and applied came out as those which are the most important. Survey to examine the opinion on priorities of other Euro RGB mebers was conducted which gave very similar results. Upgrading of organization of Euro RGB meetings was discussed based on the manual written by Braj-bihari pr (ACBSP) and relevant points were extracted for discussion. Other important topics were included into agenda for the current Euro RGB meeting.
- Meeting manual and standards for meetings’ hosts
Meeting manual and paper on standards for meetings’ hosts that EC was working on was presented to Euro RGB members and accepted for future reference.
- Presentation on GDPR regulations – Jai Nitai das
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and this is a European wide regulation on how data is collected, stored, shared and secured. The Act is official from 25th May 2018. Although we are low risk and the enforcements will not likely be so strict in the beginning, still we should take this seriously as unscrupulous characters and opportunists may try to take advantage of any lack of readiness and thus implicate us in fines etc. GDPR is focused on protecting personal data and giving more power over how one’s personal data is used. There are many legal matters to deal with and involves a lot of policy statement, processes, clear systems and accountability.
- Presentation on the newly founded legal entity ‘ISKCON Communications Europe asbl’ – Mahaprabhu das
ICE is a non profit organisation based in Brussels. It strives to develop long term relationships with key Institutions and Leaders in Europe by presenting the values, principles, positions, concerns, that ISKCON Europe has in a professional way. ICE strives to develop meaningful relationships with persons/institutions who/that can help ISKCON in different ways. Founding members are: ISKCON UK, ISKCON Sweden, ISKCON Belgium, ISKCON Hungary, ISKCON Spain, ISKCON Germany, ISKCON Switzerland, ISKCON Croatia and ISKCON Italy. Administrative Council members are: Mahaprabhu dasa (president), Parabhakti dasa and Vaidyanatha dasa. Euro RGB members voted in favour on approving the strategy for future activities and development of ICE presented by Mahaprabhu das.
- Positive directional vote was made in favour of inviting Baltic countries to send their representatives to Euro RGB meetings as guests.
- Euro RGB members voted in favour to renew the Hare Krishna EU Trademark in Ireland.
- Euro RGB members voted in Jai Nitai das for the European representative of SABHA – Spiritual Advisors Bhagavata Assembly
- Euro RGB members elected Jaya Goura das (ISKCON Hamburg temple president) and Ananta das (ISKCON Ljubljana temple president) as GBC deputies.
- Radha Krsna das presented to Euro RGB members the new learning platform which could be used to have more efficient and cost-effective meetings where all meeting materials would be available online, and which could be also used to store relevant files and data online for easier access, and offer training and educational possibilities to the wider devotee community. AP: Secretary will work on setting up the platform and start using it for the Euro RGB purposes.
- Euro RGB members filled out the feedback form through the online platform getting an insight into its functionality while giving their opinions on different aspects of the current meeting. The results of the feedback are to be used for upgrading the future meetings and functionality of the Euro RGB body in general.