Minutes from the Euro RGB meeting in Villa Vrindavana, May 24-25 2014
- HH Bhakti Gauravani Goswami (Euro RGB Secretary for Spain, TP Malaga, Euro RGB 2nd Vice Chairman)
- HH Bir Krishna Goswami (Co-GBC of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia)
- HH Prahladananda Swami (GBC for Croatia, Co-GBC-Slovenia, Serbia, and Bosnia Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro; Euro RGB Chairman; Health and Sannyasa Minister)
- HH Sivarama Swami (GBC of Hungary, Co-GBC of Romania)
- HG Dharmaksetra Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Netherlands, Euro Minister of Records)
- HG Dina Sharana Dasi (GBC of Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Dole; IDSAF Director)
- HG Doyal Govinda Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Germany; TP Heidelberg)
- HG Hridaya Caitanya Dasa (GBC of Andorra, Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain, New Mayapur; co-GBC of Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and France, except New Mayapur and Dole; Euro RGB Secretary for Benelux)
- HG Kripamoya Dasa (Euro Minister for Congregation Development, Euro RGB 1st Vice Chairman)
- HG Krsna-premarupa Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Switzerland; TP Zurich)
- HG Madhu Sevita Dasa (GBC of Cyprus, Greece, Villaggio Hare Krishna, Milano Area, South Umbria, southern Italy, Rome Area, Malta, San Marino; Co-GBC of Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and France (except New Mayapur and Dole)
- HG Mahaprabhu Dasa (Director of IC Benelux; Minister of ISKCON Communications Europe)
- HG Nitai Gaurasundara Dasa (Euro RGB Assistant Secretary of France)
- HG Parabhakti Dasa (TP Villa Vrindavana, Italy) on behalf Radhanatha Swami
- HG Praghosa Dasa (GBC of Channel Island, Denmark, England, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, and Wales)
- HG Radha Krishna Dasa (Euro Varnasrama Minister)
- HG Syamasundara Dasa (Euro Minister for Cow Protection and Agriculture)
- HG Tapasa Dasa (TP Stockholm; Chairman of the National Council in Sweden)
- HG Tattvavada Dasa (TP Helsinki; Euro RGB Secretary for Finland)
- HG Trilokatma Dasa (on behalf Bhaktivaibhava Swami)
- HG Malati Dasi (CIT topic only)
- HH Bhaktivaibhava Swami (GBC of Albania, Bulgaria, Czech, Finland, Macedonia, Poland, Slovakia; co-GBC of Romania)
- HG Janesvara Dasa (Almviks Board; Euro RGB Secretary for Sweden, Norway, and Denmark)
- HG Trisama Dasa (Euro RGB Secretary for Poland; Nama Hatta Director, PL)
Minutes taken by: Dinadayal Dasa
Review of the minutes from Mayapur
Important resolutions from previous minutes were read.
Reports from International GBCs and RGB Zonal Secretaries
International GBCs and RGB Zonal Secretaries gave reports.
Euro Ministers reports
Minister of ISKCON Communications Europe, Euro Minister for Cow Protection and Agriculture, Euro Minister for Congregation Development, Euro Ministry for Educational Development and European Varnasrama Ministry gave reports.
Dharmaksetra Dasa will work on the template for a future reporting system in Europe.
- Preaching report (number of devotees, festivals, overall activities)
- Bhaktarupa Prabhu’s report / general statistical report
- Financial report (debts and assists)
Proposal to Euro RGB for Country Representatives for Communications
Whereas there is a need to coordinate European Communications strategies
Whereas there is a need to deal at the national level with government, media, religious institutions, etc
Whereas there is a need to share National experiences with other Yatras
Whereas there is a need to have more connection with European and International Ministries
It is resolved that each European Yatra will have a Communications representative. It is up to the GBC secretaries and Zonal secretaries to find a suitable candidate with the approval of the National Councils. In case of not finding a suitable candidate then the Zonal Secretary or GBC secretary will be the Communications representative for a particular country.
Proposal to register ISKCON Communications Europe in Brussels
Whereas there is a need for ISKCON to have the proper status to interact with the EU
Whereas there is a need for a systematic participation in the EU legislative process
Whereas there is a need sometimes for ISKCON to present its views separately from the Hindu Forum of Europe
Whereas there is a need for ISKCON to systematically interact with other religious and secular NGO’s
Whereas there is a need to respond to the media on a European level
It is resolved that ISKCON Communications Europe will incorporate itself under Belgian law. It will have as its members the representatives from the different Yatras and will report twice a year to the Euro RGB and consult the Euro RGB on sensitive matters and issues before taking decisions. This organization does not in any way replace the Euro RGB and is an intermediary between ISKCON Europe and the EU institutions. ISKCON Communications Europe will be accountable to the Euro RGB EC.
Ravindra Svarupa Dasa stepping down from the Euro RGB body
Resolution: Whereas Ravindra Svarupa Dasa stepped down as a member of the Euro RGB, the Euro RGB would like to thank him for his dedicated service. The Euro RGB accepts his retiring as a member of the Euro RGB.
Extended Vyasa Pujas
Euro RGB EC will write a proposal to the Global EC.
The last will for ISKCON gurus
Proposal for the Global GBC.
PROPOSED BY: Euro RGB
SPONSORED BY Prahladananda Swami, Sivarama Swami, Hridaya Caitanya Dasa, Praghosa Dasa
DATE OF SUBMISSION: May 25, 2014
PRESENTATION OF PROPOSAL: (maximum 300 words)
Whereas ISKCON Gurus and other leaders may control assets of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.
Whereas followers of ISKCON Gurus and leaders will naturally want to glorify those who inspire and/or initiate them in Krishna consciousness.
Whereas it is important that upon the departure of the aforementioned personalities ISKCON assets remain under the control of the appropriate ISKCON organization.
Whereas it is important that Srila Prabhupada’s pre-eminent position not be overshadowed by samadhis or other memorials for other personalities.
PRESENTATION OF RESOLUTION:
It is resolved that within 6 months of the passage of this resolution every ISKCON Guru/Sannyasi must submit a will that contains directions as to the disposition of the assets under his/her control, making sure that they remain under the control of an approved ISKCON organization.
This will must also detail the nature of any memorial to be constructed. Details must include, size, location, and worship to be done. It is important that limits be put on the size of such a memorial.
The GBC EC will review this will and instruct the Guru/Sannyas as to modifications that must be made in the will.
After making sure all the Gurus/Sannyasis are in compliance the GBC will work on a system to ensure an appropriate will is written for others that may control assets and have followers.
Preaching in Europe
PROPOSED BY: Euro RGB
SPONSORED BY Madhu Sevita Dasa
DATE OF SUBMISSION: June 15, 2014
PRESENTATION OF PROPOSAL: (maximum 300 words)
It is expected that every preacher in Europe gives preaching strategy proposal to the Euro RGB EC. After approval they are welcome to lecture in Europe.
Whereas there is a proliferation of institutes whose statutes and preaching methodologies are often unknown to ISKCON leadership and devotees in general,
Whereas there is a need of an organized, monitored and accountable way to expand the preaching,
PRESENTATION OF RESOLUTION:
It is resolved that if a devotee or a group of devotees wish to establish an institute or institution to support or increase the preaching, such institute or institutions have to be approved by the GBC body.
Euro RGB will contact Praharana Dasi from Canada to give us information on pastoral abuse which will be be given to the devotees in the European yatras.
The Vedic Way
That Prem-murti Dasa must contact the leader of any ISKCON yatra he wants to involve in the Vedic Way or any other project and getting grants for the same, either by soliciting finances as participation for training sessions or for follow up local programs. Preaching in any yatra should be done only after such preaching projects are well discussed with local leaders and their advice and blessings are received.
EU funds grant application
Whereas there is a proliferation of submitted grant applications without any involvement of the Euro RGB,
Whereas there are several independent grant writing consultancy projects going on in Europe without the authority of the RGB
Whereas there are a growing number of projects that are developing independent of the management of the involved countries
Whereas several projects are using ISKCON resources without the knowledge of ISKCON management
It is resolved that the Euro RGB instructs the CIT office to make and send a comprehensive collection of the available EU grants to the Euro RGB conference and to the European Leaders conference one month before and present them to the Euro RGB meetings twice a year. The Euro RGB will decide during its meetings what project would be applied for. No other projects will be authorized by the Euro RGB.
Establishing yearly the list of Ratha Yatra festivals across Europe (as well as major other festivals), and advertise it
Dinadayal Dasa will contact Titiksu Dasa (UK) is he willing to take care of putting together infos on all upcoming European Ratha-yatras.
Darshan during classes
Recommendation. Euro RGB encourages local temples to have protocols how guests can have a darshan of the Deities within the temple room without disturbing classes that are taking place.
ISKCON 50 years
Euro RGB will ask Madayanti for actions plan and budget needed for coordination for the ISKCON 50 in 2015.
ISKCON Sadhus coming to France
Nitai Gaurasundara Dasa will get in touch with other RGB members in regard organization of the traveling arrangement for their visiting preachers that they can visit France also.